Roger – Centre Manager
I attained my Diploma in Personal Training with Future Fit between 2012 and 2015 whilst transitioning from a full (22+ year) army career. It was during my time in the Army that I discovered my passion for fitness – in particular after having been sidelined with a back injury for a few years and having to ‘rebuild’ myself. This first-hand experience of injury recovery and how to safely lose weight and return to fitness has proven invaluable so far both during the study to qualify and whilst working with clients.
Having been a club swimmer as a child, I’m now more into running, representing local club the Dorset Doddlers, and I’ve dabbled a little in triathlons. I live in Sturminster Newton with my wife and son.
I started working at Sturfit in 2015 covering some shifts casually at first before taking on regular hours and adding some group exercise classes and personal training sessions. In March 2020 I became Assistant Manager before taking on the Centre Manager position from November 2022.
As well as managing the centre I still offer Personal Training sessions and run the Boxercise class on a Monday evening 1930-2030.
If you would like to get in touch with me then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the centre on 01258 471774, if I am not there then please leave your contact details and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
- CFES Weight Training Instructor Certification
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instruction
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Circuit Training
- Leader in Running Fitness
- Power Plate Fundamentals
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Indoor Cycling Instructor
- Complete Kettlebell Trainer
- Suspension Equipment Trainer
- Functional Equipment Trainer
- Torso Training and Core Stability
- Nutrition for Weight Management
- Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
- Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Aquatics
- First Aid at Work
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification