I have trained as a professional dancer and danced professionally for several years abroad and in London. All through my training, to help with posture and core strength, I was taught in Pilates.
When I decided to settle in Dorset, I trained as a teacher for Pilates under “Body Control Pilates” in London, who have always been the forerunners for Pilates training.
I have been teaching Pilates now, for nearly 16 years and find all my clients of all ages really benefit from this wonderful technique.
Exercise has been my life and having taught dance, aerobics,and many other forms of fitness, I can bring all this experience into my teaching.
All classes are mixed ability and each client can work at their own pace and alternative exercises are given if necessary. I am always keeping up to date by doing regular workshops and therefore add new exercises on a regular basis.
Comfortable clothing is advisable so you can move freely, and Pilates is always performed in socks or barefeet. All equipment is supplied.
My classes at Sturfit:
10:00am Monday & Wednesday
- Nyree is a member of The Fitness Professionals and Pilates Union. Nyree also holds many other qualifications-
- R.S.A Exercise to music
- A.I.S.T.D Associate Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance
- R.A.D Royal Acadamy of Dance up to and including Advanced level in Ballet, Modern, Jazz, National, Tap, Cecchetti and Line Dancing
- Full time dance college Diploma
- Anatomy Exam and Ballet o'Level
- Many workshops covering Dance and Pilates
- First Aid Qualification.(St John's Ambulance)
- Nyree is fully insured and holds a PPL licence